Pipeline Tapping 4" Thru 16"
This Service Includes:
- Installation of the tapping sleeve by our trained serviceman using our equipment.
- Installation of the tapping valve and tapping machine on ductile iron, cast iron, PVC or AC (asbestos-cement) pipe.
- Tapping the pipe under pressure without interrupting water service to your customers.
- Removal of the tapping machine, leaving a mechanical joint connection ready for customer's pipe connection.
- A guarantee of the work we perform.
- There is no need to shut down the water line to make a main extension or hydrant installation.
- No dewatering of the line to cut-in a tee.
- No special equipment to purchase.
- Saves time and labor costs.
- Extensive liability insurance for our work and your safety.
- Necessary excavation (see dimension requirements on Q-3).
- Surface water removal, if necessary.
- Crushed stone to stabilize the trench bottom, if necessary.
- Trench shoring as needed.
How To Order
- The size (outside diameter) and type of pipe to be tapped.
- The size of tapping valve required.
- The direction of opening of the tapping valve.
- The line working pressure.
- The type of sleeve to be used, mechanical joint or stainless steel.
We require our customers to furnish an adequate excavation with ample working space for our service man, equipment, tapping sleeve and valve. Keep in mind that the pipe, sleeve, valve and tapping machine must be supported from the bottom of the trench during tapping. Should you have a wet or muddy situation please have crushed stone available. Trench shoring must be provided and is also the customer's responsibility.
NOTE: There is an additional charge if the tapping sleeve and valve are purchased from another source.
* The above dimensions are the minimum trench excavation requirements.
For installation of Tapping Sleeves and Valves